Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Assists Controller and Vice President of Finance in daily activities resulting in monthly and yearly financial statements and processing of all daily transactions.
1. Review, reconcile and record daily all activities including bank account activity pertaining to online payments and various EFT and ACH transactions.
2. Reconcile and record daily cashier transactions.
3. Reconcile all bank statements including the main checking account.
4. Process, reconcile and record monthly investment data for endowments.
5. Collect department financial records and record monthly activity.
6. Calculate, review, and record monthly and yearly accruals for proper balances according to current processes.
7. Generate trial balance detail, summary reports and departmental budget reports upon demand for departments and various college organizations. Prepare supporting documentation for Union College Controller in budgeting process.
8. Responsible for Midwest Foundation reporting to include depositing and recording contributions, recording and reconciling investment activity, and initiating any new endowments and all audit preparation requirements.
9. Monitor, organize, and process monthly and yearly closing transactions according to schedules and report to Controller.
10. Prepare various year end accruals and schedules in preparation for the audit.
11. Calculate and communicate endowment scholarship spend amounts in cooperation with the Director of Scholarships. Calculate annual endowment scholarship withdrawals in partnership with the Controller and Director of Scholarships.
12. Reconcile monthly contribution activity with the Advancement Office.
13. Complete IPEDS and various other surveys and reports as needed.
14. Review and record all transactions submitted by other parties and departments to the general ledger while maintaining the file system.
15. Maintain appropriate oversight controls with respect to daily transactions.
16. Potential for bank work including making daily deposits, processing wire transfers, etc.
17. Work with Union College Controller to ensure that monthly sales and occupancy tax reports are filed on a timely basis.
Experience: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting is required, Master's and/or CPA preferred. At least five years of experience working with the general ledger preferably in an educational or non-profit environment using a fund accounting accrual based methodology.
Contact:Jon Rickard3800 S. 48th Street,
Lincoln, NE 68506402-486-2600 ext email@example.com