Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: The HVAC Technician will install, trouble-shoot, repair and perform preventive maintenance on central heat and air systems, water source heat pump systems, PTAC’s, chillers, boilers, freezers, ice machines and other refrigeration. Other jobs as assigned related to the maintenance, renovation and construction of campus facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates priorities and provides support for HVAC Master Technician and HVAC Technician
• Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs, as required, building HVAC/R equipment consistent with
manufacturer’s guidelines, operating design parameters, and accepted practices to optimize energy use.
• Installs HVAC/R units, including electronic, electrical, and mechanical components, connections, ductwork
including flexible tubing and sheet metal construction.
• Troubleshoots and repairs HVAC/R units including electronic, electrical, and mechanical components and
• Installs, maintains, and repairs computerized electronic, pneumatic, and direct digital control (DDC) devices
related to HVAC/R control.
• Maintains and makes operating repairs on electrical equipment and appliances, on oil and gas equipment,
on refrigerators / freezers and ice makers, and on other refrigeration equipment.
• Operates and keeps in good working order a variety of equipment including hand tools, mobile electronic
devices, measuring/diagnostic/testing meters and instruments.
• Conserves, installs, recycles, and reclaims refrigerants and records use.
• Reads and interprets complex blueprints, sketches, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
• Performs brazing, silver and lead soldering, pipefitting, welding and fabrication as required.
• Performs assigned daily work as well as all other reasonably business-related functions.
• Possess current documentation indicating current successful completion of formal training classes or programs and be able to exhibit acceptable life experiences in HVAC/R work and possess EPA Universal/R410A license.
• Must have the ability to follow both verbal and written directions in English; the ability to interact with students, faculty, administration, and staff in a professional and positive manner, as well as the ability to read and understand OSHA guidelines such as Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment safety data plates, fuel/chemical flash points, etc.
• A minimum of five years of service in the trade.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints, and sequence of operations to diagnose proper operation of campus HVAC/R equipment.
• Must have the ability to recover, recycle, and reclaim refrigerants adhering to HVAC/R industry standards, specifications, and protocols.
• Must have the ability to record all refrigerant loss/charge amounts and manufacturer information on work orders, when servicing campus HVAC/R equipment.
• Must have the ability to perform preventative maintenance on all campus HVAC/R equipment using the campus work order system, visual inspection, verbal or written instruction etc.
• Must have the ability to properly lubricate, repair, replace, and align both direct and indirect mechanical drive components, for all campus HVAC/R equipment.
• Must have the ability to verify and diagnose proper operation of chilled/heating water hydronic generation equipment such as Centrifugal, Screw, Scroll, and Reciprocating Chillers, Gas and Oil fired boilers, and central heating/cooling air distribution systems.
• Must be proficient at a variety of applications implemented throughout the campus such as: direct digital control, pneumatic, electro-pneumatic, electronic, electric, and electro-mechanical controls.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, and be able to operate boom/man lifts, scissor lifts, and material lifts.
Education and Experience: Certification for refrigeration and HVAC Universal preferred. A minimum of a high school diploma with College or trade school education preferred. Also a minimum of five years of experience as a heating/air conditioning and refrigeration specialist with varied experience in maintenance tasks is preferred.
Skills and Aptitudes: Interpersonal relationship skills essential with ability to work with other employees in a team spirit, the ability to interact appropriately with personnel (faculty and students) on job sites as required
Special Requirement: Must have an expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and be a SDA church member in good and regular standing.
4881 Taylor Circle
Collegedale, TN 37315
PO Box 370
Collegedale, TN firstname.lastname@example.org