Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
This dual role supports the athletic program and the athletic facilities. The Athletic Director will provide overall leadership to the Warriors Athletic program to provide a positive learning experience for the students. The Director of Larson Lifestyle Center administers all aspects of the facilities including the Larson Lifestyle Center, tennis courts, athletic fields and gymnasium.
1. Schedule and contract the varsity team games, officials, and score table personnel.
2. Manage the athletic program budget.
3. Organize and administer volleyball, soccer, and basketball tournaments for Adventist academies.
4. Oversee athletic eligibility of players under Union College policies.
5. Will partner with the ASB sponsor for the implementation of campus-wide Warrior events.
6. Distribute and collect athlete insurance forms, athlete agreement forms, and medical release forms to all teams.
7. Supervise all home varsity games and welcome competing teams and coaches.
8. Serve on the Athletic Committee to provide direction for items that are vital to the program.
9. Coordinate the Warriors Distinguished Scholar and Warriors Scholar program.
Director of Larson Lifestyle Center
1. Oversee scheduling of the facilities ensuring that Union College students receive proper priority and provide necessary personnel to operate the facilities when scheduled for use.
2. Manage the Larson Lifestyle budget.
3. Responsible for remedial and periodic maintenance of the facilities in coordination with Plant Services.
4. Responsible for facility advertising to include television, radio, printed materials, etc. for the facility.
5. Oversee the ball fields and the student employees who will assist with maintenance, concessions, and janitorial work.
6. Oversee the gymnasium, rentals, weight room, equipment repair and replacement as needed.
7. Coordination and scheduling of water aerobics, classes, training, etc.
8. In coordination with the office manager, supervise student employees in all areas.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the office manager, pool coordinator, coaches, assistant coaches, varsity officials, score table personnel, and student employees.
Must have an expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church; be a SDA church member in good and regular standing.
Ability to stand and walk for the majority of the day when athletic events are taking place. Ability to lift items, which may be in excess of 50 pounds. Ability to stand, sit, crouch, lift and move items from location to location.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work will often be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Consideration of submitted materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should complete an application at https://ucollege.edu/employment/ and upload (as one document) cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three references. Submission of materials by email as attached Word or PDF file is preferable.
Additional contact information:
VP of Student Life
VP of Financial Administration
Experience: Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
1. Ability to foster a positive and productive work environment with the ability to lead, develop, empower, and motivate people and teams
2. Attitude of servant leadership
3. Innovative, strategic thinking skills with ability to implement goals
4. Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and collaborative skills
5. Proven experience in solving complex problems
6. Strong listening skills
7. Able to mediate difficult situations
8. The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
9. Be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Contact:Kim Canine or Steve Trana3800 S. 48th St.,
Lincoln, NE 68506402-486-2573 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com