Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: Under the direct supervision from the Director of Student Financial Services, this position facilitates the recruitment, enrollment, and retention of students by assisting students in completing financial aid application processes; determine aid eligibility, and counseling students and families on financing options and payments plans. The ideal candidate will be an independent and organized worker who is self-disciplined and motivated and able to work with minimal supervision under strict deadlines and a heavy workload.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Counsels and advises students and parents and other individuals regarding financial aid, financing options to prepare students for the financial clearance process.
* Educates students on budgeting, debt management, and alternative ways to manage expenses associated with a college education.
* Confers with individuals and groups to disseminate information and answer questions relating to financial assistance available to students enrolled in the university.
* Consults with students to obtain information needed to determine eligibility for aid.
* Determines student eligibility for financial aid through verification and makes financial aid decisions and awards for students.
* Responsible for the financial aid processes for students, which includes verifying and monitoring student files.
* Participates in trainings and conferences
* Serves as a liaison between financial aid and admissions/recruiting in an overall effort to achieve student satisfaction.
* Manages disbursement and reconciliation of the Federal Direct loan and private alternative loan programs.
* Attends recruitment events and conducts financial aid seminars (local and out of state) for students and parents during open-houses and other times as assigned (including evenings and weekends).
* Maintains strict confidentiality of all activities in the Student Financial Services office.
* Supports and affirms a culture of distinctive excellence and exceptional service.
* Attends university events and required meetings
* Attends mandatory weekly Convocation
* Performs other duties as assigned.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND TO APPLY: https://wau.catsone.com/careers/9207-General/jobs/12405866-Financial-Aid-Advisor?portal=
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily to perform the job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree required.
* At least two years higher education financial aid experience is preferred
Contact:Lana Greaves-Benjamin7600 Flower Avenue
Takoma Park, MD email@example.com