Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: Teach assigned online courses as specified in the course schedule and contracted teaching
• Secure assigned instructional materials.
• Employ best practices for course preparation and set-up as prescribed in the Oakwood University
Online Faculty Handbook.
• Provide students with a course syllabus that includes student and program learning outcomes,
teaching methodology, and other institutional policies, texts and supplemental readings, assignments
and deliverables, timelines and evaluation criteria.
• Deliver course content using a variety of engaging teaching styles that demonstrate real-world
applications of concepts covered.
• Observe and evaluate student performance, including the achievement of student and program
learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions, quizzes or examinations and complete
all grading by deadlines established by the University.
• Provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress.
• Conduct real-time virtual office hours using audio and video technology at a designated time during
each course term.
• Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available and use
feedback to improve course delivery.
• Recommend revisions and updates to course content as needed.
• Meet with the respective Dean or Program Director as needed to discuss all aspects of the online
Experience: Doctoral Degree in the subject area or a related field
• At least 5 years of experience in an appropriate organizational work setting
• Prior teaching experience in a graduate or undergraduate program
• Prior online teaching experience preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Successful completion of Oakwood university’s Online Teaching Certification Course, Online
Faculty Orientation and D2L Training
• Ability to perform basic computer operations with high speed Internet access
Interested persons must submit employment documents
• Download the application in Google Chrome
• Open application in Adobe Reader
• Hit ‘Submit” button.
• You will receive an auto reply confirmation once Employee
Services has received your documents
• Copy of email@example.com