Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: This position was created to provide brief clinical interviews, assessments and interventions for university students presenting for services at the Counseling Center or those referred by faculty, staff, students or family members.
The counselor screens emergent, urgent, and routine concerns and makes appropriate clinical decisions for treatment. Documents clinical information, keeps timely records, safeguards confidentiality of this information. Collaborates with faculty and staff concerning the continuity of care, client dispositions and referral options. Provides psycho-educational programming to the campus community on relevant topics identified by the mental health campus climate survey. Attend staff meetings, serves on Counseling Center and Student Life committees and participates in counseling related activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reports directly to the VP for Student Life.
* Creates a safe and welcoming space for students.
* Provides the highest level of confidentiality.
* Triages student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
* Assesses crisis and collaborates with on and off campus resources
* Provides therapy as needed.
Experience: * Master’s Degree in clinical psychology, counseling psychology, clinical/community psychology, clinical social work, or a related degree required.
* Maryland state license eligible
* At least two years counseling experience
* Christian worldview
* Practitioners with Maryland LCPC and LCSW-C credentials
*b Must be able to perform all essential job duties as outlined in the job description.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Maintains updated professional certifications and continuing education requirements.
TO APPLY AND VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION, PLEASE VISIT: https://wau.catsone.com/careers/9207-General/jobs/12482972-University-Campus-Counselor?host=wau.catsone.com&portal=
Contact:Amy Ortiz-Moretta7600 Flower Avenue
Takoma Park, MD301firstname.lastname@example.org