Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: Summary: Provide organizational management of assigned residence hall. Directs and coordinates the residence hall life of Pacific Union College by performing the following duties personally or through the student residence hall assistants and desk receptionists. Creates a comfortable, supportive, spiritual environment for resident students that is conducive to learning and personal growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Sets the tone for the implementation of a residential environment that is positive and engaging and challenges students’ growth.
• Oversees the community, programming, and initiatives within the residence halls.
• Leads in the development of a spiritual environment that encourages each student to have a personal relationship with God. Directs and assists in planning events that contribute to spiritual and emotional growth. This includes weekly dorm worships and weekly RA worships.
• Provides supervision and training for the RAs throughout the year, leads RA staff meetings, and conducts regular mentor meetings with the RAs.
• Maintains a safe, secure, healthy, and positive living environment that enhances student development and learning. Overseas dorm safety including fire alarms, fire and emergency drills, and other safety issues.
• Works alongside the Dean of Students in implementing the Student Code of Conduct.
• Participates in the planning and implementation of the following events/initiatives: Housing Selection, RA Selection, New Student Orientation, RA retreat, pre-campus communication with incoming students, and others as assigned.
• Supervises residence hall assistants and desk workers, providing ongoing training and development opportunities.
• Ensures compliance with relevant policies, procedures, professional standards,
laws and national trends as applicable.
• Meets with students who are struggling with issues related to retention concerns,
mental health, spiritual life, or transition challenges.
• Makes counseling referrals when such referrals are deemed necessary.
• Provides fiscal management for residence hall budget.
• Supervises the cleanliness of the residence halls. This includes individual rooms
and common areas. Supervises the janitorial staff that ensures clean restrooms,
halls, lobbies, kitchens. Laundry rooms, stairs and other common areas.
• Manages and updates residence hall furnishings and décor as needed to provide
comfort and an aesthetic atmosphere conducive to social interaction.
• Coordinates with Facilities Department to maintain the residence halls in
excellent condition. This includes ensuring rooms are in good repair, and that
general physical maintenance occurs in common areas.
• Participates and contributes in broader Student Life programs, events, and initiatives.
Experience: Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree in student services, administration, or social service preferred.
Experience: a minimum of 3-5 years full time residence hall dean staff experience required. (5+ preferred).
Contact:Human Resources1 Angwin Ave,
Angwin CA 94508707 965-6321HR@puc.edu