Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: Essential Functions
• Organize and participate in college recruitment tours – Adventist Academies, Regional High Schools, Christian High Schools, Community Colleges, major Transfer Schools and other fairs as scheduled.
• Support recruiting initiatives within the Mid America Union and work closely with assigned academies. This usually includes multiple visits.
• Manage prospective student inquiries and applications and foster ongoing relationships.
• Project a professional image of Union College throughout the various marketing and recruiting activities.
• Travel as needed to meet with prospective students. (up to 45%)
• Interact effectively with various target audiences, including the ability to evaluate audiences and tailor appropriate messages to each.
• Treat internal and external customers with the highest standards of customer service.
• Communicate effectively when writing and speaking, one-on-one and before groups.
Admissions & Requirements:
• Understand admissions requirements and application expectations
• Participate in specific admissions activities as they relate to the needs of prospective students – counseling, individual appointments, understanding the admissions process, utilizing Power Campus to review application.
• Become familiar with the various department admissions requirements.
• Understand basic financial aid concepts, scholarships and FAFSA and communicate these effectively to prospective students and parents while helping them develop personal financial plans to pay for college.
• Provide prospective students and families with financial information including scholarships, grants, loans and payment options and further direct them to the appropriate student financial advisor.
• Actively participate in assigned meetings with recruiters, department and combined meetings with Student Financial Services, retreats and assessments.
• Goal is to recruit and enroll a variety of student populations.
• Assist the Visit Coordinator with student visits and Preview Weekends
• Stay informed about major campus news and communicate this to appropriate target audiences.
• Help to support and develop recruitment initiatives, strategies and vision.
• Work as a team player with departmental co-workers and other college personnel, and is proactive in building successful working relationships with them.
• Assist in the ongoing retention efforts of Union College.
• Demonstrate dependability in keeping appointments, both in the office and on the road.
• Support Enrollment initiatives as needed and other activities as assigned.
• Attend annual AEA general meeting as determined by the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Financial Services
• Attend selected committee meetings as assigned
• Continually expand knowledge through conferences, articles and reports related to projects
• Must demonstrate effective communication, marketing and customer service skills.
• Must have excellent people skills including the ability to advise, guide and provide instruction.
• Possess self-confidence and a positive attitude with an outgoing personality.
• Demonstrate cooperative team spirit and enjoys working with people, individually and in groups.
• Demonstrate openness to and willingness to participate in personal growth and professional development activities.
• Exhibit computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Display exceptional time management and organizational qualities.
• Must be self-motivated, detail orientated, organized, and able to delegate and follow through on tasks.
• Must fit with the Enrollment and Student Financial Services team and demonstrates a genuine love for and commitment to Union College.
• Understand that role becomes synonymous with Union College in the eyes of key target audiences and as such, will recognize the importance of exhibiting high standards of ethical and moral behavior which reflect conservative Biblical and traditional SDA values and is supportive of Union College and the SDA church and its mission in deportment, speech, dress and behavior.
• Exemplify a conservative Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) Christian lifestyle, including modest, professional dress and personal grooming. As a general rule, a Union College Enrollment Coordinator will dress in casual business attire. (Please refer to written guidelines.)
• Must have a valid drivers license and be willing to travel and use personal vehicle when necessary.
Experience: Bachelor’s degree, with relevant experiences in recruitment and/or customer service.
Contact:Michelle Velazquez-Mesnard3800 S. 48th St.,
Lincoln, NE firstname.lastname@example.org