Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: Job Summary: The Public Services Librarian provides principal information literacy instruction and serves as a reference librarian as part of the research coaching team. The Public Services Librarian also coordinates Campus Research Day, provides library tours, and contributes to managing the expert systems of the library.
• Provides information literacy instruction and teaches students, faculty, and staff to use library resources.
• Provides virtual and in-person reference service.
• Develops and updates instructional materials (print and online).
• Provides outreach to faculty.
• Promotes library services and resources.
• Evaluates reference collection and contributes to collection development.
• Serves as a library liaison to assigned schools/departments.
• Shares responsibility for library expert systems maintenance.
• Recommends policies concerning the department.
• Maintains library public services statistics.
• Maintains expert knowledge of current trends impacting public services.
• Serves as the Campus Research Day chair and coordinates all aspects of the yearly Campus Research Day event.
• Plans and leads tours of the library for various groups.
• Coordinates with local artists to arrange for art exhibits in the library.
• Participates in library faculty meetings, university-wide committees and in local, regional, and national professional organizations.
• Serves as an advisor for General Education students.
• Performs all other reasonably business-related functions as assigned.
Experience: Special requirements: An expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and SDA church member in good and regular standing.
Education and Experience: Masters Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited program (or international equivalent). Experience with public services and information literacy instruction, preferably 3 years; working knowledge of current reference and database applications, as well as knowledge of library expert systems such as SpringShare, Mendeley, Primo, and Alma.
Qualifications: The candidate must be knowledgeable about the academic environment and the role of libraries in higher education; serve as an enthusiastic advocate for the library within the university and external communities; must feel at ease in the classroom; must have strong oral and written communication skills; possess excellent interpersonal skills; must be well informed about library practices, trends, automation; must possess administrative and organizational abilities; work productively with library faculty and staff; and promote collaboration.
Typical Physical Demands: Require sitting, standing, bending, and reaching. May require lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Working Conditions: Essential tasks are performed under normal office/school conditions with little or no noticeable discomfort. Work area is well lit and ventilated.
Contact:Allison MaitlandAllison Maitland-Human Resources Generalist
P.O. Box 370
Collegedale, TN 37315