Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: We will be looking until the position is filled.
The Director of Finance will oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the school and manages the daily functions of the finance department, which include but are not limited to: general ledger, adjusting entries, restricted and unrestricted fund management, A/P, A/R, collections, payroll, banking, preparing monthly student statements of charges, billing for after-school care, travel and expense reports, and financial reporting.
• Maintain strong relationships with SOC and Principal so as to identify their needs and seek a full range of business solutions. Provide financial leadership for these groups as follows:
o Develop short and long-term strategic financial objectives for approval by the SOC, and establish a system for evaluating those objectives
o Provide regular analysis of budget performance and financial forecasts
o Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action
o Provide recommendations to enhance financial performance and organizational effectiveness
o Present monthly financial statements and relevant financial reports to the Finance Advisory and SOC
• Finalize Family Agreements/Contracts
o Work with the Accountant on Student Financial Plans before finalizing with families
o Work with Accountant in managing the Financial Aid process
o Finalize Student Financial Plans with families
o Engage with families when collection process is unsuccessful, as needed
• Oversee monthly close-out activities:
o Review and make all necessary month-end adjustments
o Reconcile bank accounts
o Generate monthly financial statements
• Work with the Accountant in preparation for the annual Audit
• Finalize the Annual Budget and present it to the Finance Advisory and SOC
• Oversee Vendor Relations:
o Coordinate business connection with outside vendors (janitorial, maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, copiers, etc).
o Negotiate vendor contracts
• Be the liaison with RMC for all of insurance policies – including property, liability, vehicle, student insurance, and workers’ compensation claims
• Maintain financial information on the MHA website and in other school promotional materials
• Maintain confidentiality of materials and information.
Experience: B.S. Degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting. Experience is desirable, but we are willing to train.
Salary and benefits are based on the denominational wage scale and policy. Must have the legal right to work in the United States and be able to provide evidence of that right if employed. If interested in being considered, please send a copy of your philosophy of education, a letter of interest, your resume - including at least three references with e-mail addresses and phone numbers, (including one from a pastor you have worked closely with) as PDF attachments to Diane Harris firstname.lastname@example.org and Toakase Vunileva email@example.com
Contact:Toakase Vunileva1733 Dad Clark Drive
Highlands Ranch CO firstname.lastname@example.org