Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: The Chemistry Department seeks a full-time faculty member with expertise in organic chemistry, biochemistry, and/or chemical education, effective June 1, 2018. Teaching responsibilities may be expected to include courses for non-majors, chemistry for nursing and allied health majors, and organic chemistry labs. Additional course responsibilities will be assigned depending on the qualifications and interests of the successful candidate. The successful candidate will also be expected to substantially contribute to the development of the department’s undergraduate research program by engaging students in lines of research that complement the research interests of the current faculty.
• Develop and teach undergraduate courses in chemistry in collaboration with fellow faculty members
• Provide research opportunities, supervision, and mentorship for undergraduate students
• Provide effective academic advising for chemistry majors
• Assist with extracurricular departmental activities and student recruiting
• Work collegially with fellow faculty members and students to promote a nurturing learning environment
• Serve on departmental and university committees
Experience: A master’s or doctoral degree (Ph.D. is strongly preferred) in the areas of organic chemistry, biochemistry, and/or chemical education is required, with demonstrated knowledge of and experience in applying best practices for teaching chemistry at the undergraduate level, and a commitment to teaching from a Biblical foundation. For full description of position visit: www.southern.edu/jobs.
To apply: Send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, a brief description of research interests, and contact information for at least three references to:
Dr. Brent Hamstra, Chair
Southern Adventist University
PO Box 370
Collegedale, TN 37315
Contact:Dr. Brent HamstraSouthern Adventist University
PO BOX 370