Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: Atlanta Adventist Academy in Duluth, GA is searching for a principal to lead a traditional school that is delivered in a non-traditional way using a blended approach of face-to-face & videoconferencing to reach students on multiple campuses.
Atlanta Adventist Academy is in a healthy financial position with unlimited potential for global growth.
The principal will serve as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures that the business of education is conducted a safe Christian environment that meets the schools mission.
The principal must be a spiritual leader to the staff and students while practicing a Seventh-day Adventist lifestyle and worldview.
The principal will work collaboratively to direct, nurture and communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
The school Principal shall:
1. Manage, evaluate and supervise clear procedures for the operation of the school consistent with AAA’s philosophy, mission, values and goals including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures while ensuring compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations.
2. Assist in developing the schedule for instructional programs.
3. Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and student growth and development.
4. Establish a professional rapport with parents, students and staff.
5. Plan Board meetings and keep the board advised of personnel, finances, procedures, and changes.
6. Conduct staff meetings and record minutes.
7. Create procedures that maintain attractive, organized, functional, healthy, and safe facilities.
8. Establish schedules and procedures for the supervision of students in non-classroom areas (including before and after school).
9. Maintain visibility with students, teachers, parents and the Board.
10. Communicate with constituents including pastors, seeking their support and advice, so as to create a cooperative relationship.
11. Use effective written and oral communication skills.
12. Complete records and reports as requested by the Conference, Union, Division and the board.
13. Stay informed of the schools financial health.
14. Establish procedures for storage of public and confidential school records.
15. Attend required committee meetings and school sponsored functions.
16. Enforce policies that are outlined in the handbook.
Experience: The candidate should have NAD Administrator Certification. Salary and benefits are based on the denominational wage scale and policy. Must have the legal right to work in the United States and be able to provide evidence of that right if employed. If interested in being considered, please send a copy of your current NAD certificate, your philosophy of teaching, a letter of interest, your resume - including at least three references with e-mail addresses and phone numbers, (including one from a pastor you have worked closely with) as PDF attachments to Carmen D. Alvarez, Administrative Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact:Carmen AlvarezP.O. Box 12000
Calhoun, GA email@example.com