Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: Wage Rate: Commensurate upon degree and experience (plus denominational benefits based on qualifications and experience)
The Accountant is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures in the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports, analyzes financial information, and ensures appropriate accounting and control procedures.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
• Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements
• Assists in the biweekly payroll process
• Prepares internal financial management reports
• Provides oversight of the time-and-attendance system
• Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• Prepares 3rd party payments
• Analyzes processes for improved automation and efficiency
• Collects and analyzes financial information and makes recommendations
• Ensures compliance with relevant laws and regulations, for integrity of financial data
• Performs special projects to meet established departmental needs
• Other duties as assigned
Experience: • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field is required.
• 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in all areas of accounting such as; budgeting, accounts
receivable, accounts payable, endowments, investments, and payroll required.
• Experience in higher education.
• Strong (intermediate level or higher) Excel experience is required
• Experience in not-for-profit accounting
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be collaborative, and possess an ability to work independently in teams.
Contact:Human Resources1 Angwin Ave
Angwin, CA 94508707-965-6231HR@puc.edu