Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: General Description:
Full-time faculty contribute to their department’s teaching and curriculum as well as the college curriculum overall. Contribute to student retention by serving as advocates for students. Full-time faculty should have a well-planned vision for their department, making proposals for new initiatives and carrying out approved proposals for new programs, courses, curriculum, teaching tools or any other initiative that enhances the Taiwan Adventist College education. Full-time faculty members are responsible for teaching, service to the college, scholarship, and assisting the Department Chair as needed.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
• Teach all business English courses in all levels of Bilingual Business
• Fulfill all full-time faculty responsibilities as stipulated in the faculty contract
• Design/develop and evaluate curriculum including the updating of Learning by Doing Activity Plans
• Provide academic advisement and tutoring
• Create and run the TOEFL program for the community and students.
• Working closely with students outside of the classroom as a faculty mentor
• Holding regular office hours weekly
• Being actively involved in professional associations to keep current in disciplines taught in order to improve teaching and College service
• Assessing and revising content and methods for courses taught
• Assisting Chair in department administration as needed
• Working closely with other faculty as a mentor and resource
• Contributing to the curriculum and faculty development of the College by serving on department and College-wide committees
• Helping interview and recruit prospective students
• Participating, supervise duties in all college wide programs and BBD evening/ weekends program.
• Serving on the Faculty Council and standing committees
• In addition to daytime, courses may be expected to have an evening or weekend assignment
• Performing other duties as assigned
Experience: • Earned Master/Ph.D., or near completion of a doctorate in a relevant field. If in a field other than English, applicant must show evidence of effective teaching of undergraduate business English courses, and relevant work experience in the business field
• Knowledge of fields taught within the major
• 3 Years teaching experience at the college level in various delivery methods
• As Christian education is our primary mission at Taiwan Adventist College, demonstrated excellence in teaching in a Christian environment is vital
• Applicants are expected to teach introductory and advanced business English courses, advise students, conduct research suitable for publication and serve on department and college-wide committees
Contact:Dr Kuah Kah Eng39 Chung Wen Lane, YuChih, Nantou County 55542, Taiwan(+886) 0937 626 email@example.com