Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: Commensurate upon degree and experience (plus denominational benefits, depending upon qualifications and experience)
The Director of Athletics directs all aspects of the NAIA Intercollegiate Athletics Program including but not limited to:
• Ensure the highest standards in academic achievement and personal development of student-athletes.
• Acquire knowledge of and direct intercollegiate athletic programs in compliance with College, NAIA, and California Pacific Conference eligibility standards, with demonstrated commitment to adhering to policies/standards.
• Provide mentoring, leadership, and supervision of all coaches and other Athletics Department staff, including work study students.
• Responsible for meeting College student athlete recruitment goals.
• Establish effective communications and involvement with students, faculty, staff, and other interested constituencies of the College in matters relating to intercollegiate athletics.
• Responsible for athletics budget; oversee all areas of College athletics budgets.
• Responsible for daily supervision of athletics department staff, performance evaluations, and disciplinary action (in conjunction with the Vice President for Student Life).
• Serve in an advisory capacity to the Vice President for Student Life for intercollegiate athletics.
• Be present at home sporting activities; assign responsibility when schedule does not allow attendance.
• Manage all athletics venues, including scheduling of games and events.
• Represent the College in all NAIA and California Pacific Conference functions.
• Maintain contact with coaches on travel status.
• Responsible for maintaining policies and procedures manual for Athletics Department.
• Serve as liaison for the Athletics Program to the College’s Academic Dean’s Office, the Teaching and Learning Center, Health Services, Residence Life, Title IX office, Admissions, Student Financial Services, the Registrar, Facilities department, and classroom support and technical services.
• Serve as the Sports Information Officer (including overseeing Pioneers Athletics website, social media, and public relations).
• Serve as the PUC Invitational Tournament director (academy volleyball and basketball tournament events)
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: • Bachelor's Degree required, Master's preferred.
• Commitment to the College’s philosophy and standards
• Demonstrated commitment to integrity and rules compliance
• Comprehensive understanding of all facets of NAIA Athletics
• Commitment to and knowledge of NAIA compliance and College regulations
• Able to work well under pressure
• Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with others.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others
Contact:Human Resources1 Angwin Ave
Angwin, CA 94508707-965-6231HR@puc.edu