Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: The instructional coach will Grow Disciples through evaluating and improving curricular, instructional and assessment practices for the purpose of improving standardized test scores with an emphasis on mathematics.
• Prioritize the improvement of mathematics curriculum,
instruction, and assessment.
• Regularly assess Georgia-Cumberland Conference
(GCC)/North American Division (NAD) curriculum.
• Analyze standardized test scores to determine
instructional gaps, testing methodology, best practices
and alignment with curriculum.
• Make recommendations to Education staff for assessment
efficiency and effectiveness.
• Conduct standardized testing data analysis workshops.
• Serve as a voting member of secondary, elementary and
early childhood instruction, curriculum and assessment
• Explore unification of Pathfinder, Sabbath School, and
• Responsible for interpreting changes to the curriculum,
informing teachers and principals of the implications of
those changes, and ensuring that instruction is aligned
with the curriculum goals of the GCC Office of Education
• Coach teachers on best instructional practices, strategies
and techniques for use of informal classroom-based
assessment as well as formal, standardized assessment to
improve overall student learning and achievement.
• Assist teachers with textbooks and supplemental
instructional materials procurement.
• Direct educators to various tools and resources to aid
• Manage the GCC Professional Learning Communities.
• Develop strategies for instructional improvement.
• Coordinate the delivery of professional development
through in services and teachers’ convention.
• Collaborate with union registrar to coordinate the
successful completion of conference teachers’ certification
• Serve as a liaison to higher education teacher education
• Serve as a voting member on GCC Board of Education and
prepare regular reports.
• Develop and maintain confidential, collegial relationships
• Demonstrate a knowledge of research-based instructional
strategies that engage learners.
• Demonstrate a knowledge of using a variety of
• Coordinate assignments with Associate Superintendents
and Office of Education staff.
• Provide support in analyzing student assessment data and
tracking student growth.
• Assist teachers with designing and differentiating
instruction based on assessment data.
• Provide teachers with information to resources related to
instruction and curriculum.
• Provide assistance in researching instructional and/or
• Model lessons when appropriate.
• Provide encouragement and emotional support to
• Encourage ongoing professional growth for all teachers.
• Possess insight and wisdom to contact administrators
regarding issues of safety/ethics involving students and
• Inform and seek counsel of Regional Education Director
and Principal when utilizing curriculum resources outside
of the approved curriculum, textbook list, and NAD
standards. Obtain advance approval from these
individuals for unique activities and expenditures.
• Report progress and strategies to Adcom for annual
• Perform duties as assigned by the VP of Education or
Experience: • Must have an expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the
teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist
Church, be a Seventh-day Adventist church member in
regular standing, with a desire to serve in a cooperative,
spiritually redemptive, and soul-winning atmosphere
• Practice confidentiality of information at all times
• Must be knowledgeable of educational operating and
personnel policy procedures of the Seventh-day Adventist
• Minimum of Master Degree with current denominational
certificate and Administrative endorsement
• Training in adult learning theories
• School administration experience
• Minimum of eight years of teaching experience with an
emphasis in mathematics preferred
• Recognized people skills, leading by influence, example
• Recognized organizational and planning skills
• Ability to speak and write English fluently
• Demonstrates an understanding of the collaborative
nature inherit with growing disciples through shared
Contact:Sheila FloresPO BOX 12000
Calhoun, GA 30703706-629-7951 ext. 372 Sflores@gccsda.com