Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: OVERVIEW OF THE UNIVERSITY
Washington Adventist University (WAU) is a Christ-centered institution of higher education that supports a culture of excellence where all feel valued. Nestled in a desirable residential community in Takoma Park, Maryland, WAU offers its faculty and staff an environment where professional expertise is valued and lasting connections between co-workers are formed as we work together to ensure the success of our students. Regardless of title, every employee supports WAU’s vision of producing graduates who bring moral leadership and competence to their communities.
Provides strategic direction and support for the Facilities Services department. Plans, directs and coordinates activities relating to the maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant including, building, grounds, and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
See detailed position description at: https://wau.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=11537624
Manages Director of Facilities Services. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Quality Management; Project Management; Interpersonal Skills; Oral Communication; Teamwork; Managing People
Benefits package includes:
• Healthcare, including vision, dental and prescription drug
• Flexible Spending Plans
• Competitive 403B plan Retirement Plan
• Tuition assistance for employees, spouse, and dependents
• Life insurance including supplemental and accidental death and dismemberment policies
• Long Term Disability
• AFLAC insurance
• Legal Insurance Benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
All applicants for this position must apply online at: https://wau.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=11537624 or at our general Careers website at www.wau.edu/careers - click on "Employment Opportunities", search for the specific position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate field with major course-work in areas related to assignment; engineering architecture, administration or a related building construction field.
• At least 10 years of experience in plant operations in a similar-sized institution
• Experience working on a college or university campus preferred
• Extensive trade background required and cross trade experience preferred
• Experience with reading and understanding facilities plans and specifications
• Knowledge and understanding of applicable laws, ordinances and codes related to the operation and safety of facilities
• Experience implementing and managing preventative maintenance programs
• Experience developing short (3 - 5 years) and long-term (strategic) plans
• Proven leadership abilities in effective personnel management
• Excellent communication, customer service, and technological skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to plan, schedule, supervise, and coordinate the work of others; handle public relations; to assist in estimating, planning, and allocating budget funds; to prepare and approve a variety of regular and special reports; to deal effectively with professionals and other employees in a pleasant and effective manner
• Demonstrated knowledge of the preparation and oversight of department and project budgets
• Demonstrated service and results orientation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Contact:Human Resources7600 Flower Avenue
Takoma Park, MD firstname.lastname@example.org