Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: The Registrar ensures the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic and educational records of Union College students and helps to ensure compliance with federal, state, and other regulatory agencies. The Registrar enforces academic policies and regulations and is the officer responsible for oversight and administration of academic and student policies as they pertain to student records. The Registrar's position will require both broad oversight as well as a hands-on management style.
Experience: See full job description at https://www.ucollege.edu/staff-openings.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must have a graduate degree or relevant experience, a readiness to commit to several years of service, and a willingness to work longer hours on occasion.
1. Possess the people skills to serve students and faculty with eagerness while maintaining polices and upholding academic integrity fairly and firmly.
2. Communicate effectively and draft well-written materials.
3. Establish priorities, delegate responsibilities, and follow through on tasks.
4. Evaluate existing systems, workflows, and technology and institute improvements as necessary to ensure efficiency of administrative processes, consistency with best practice standards, and exceptional customer service.
5. Lead innovatively, collaboratively, and with a forward-thinking vision. Position the office to respond agilely to the college’s needs and anticipated growth in both number of available programs (traditional/on-ground and online) and number of students.
6. Liaise with key administrative offices (e.g. Financial Aid, Admissions, Information Systems, Online Education, etc.) and effectively partner with the academic leadership team.
7. Work with fine detail at high levels of accuracy.
8. Grasp the importance of the “big picture” and possess the initiative to enhance it.
9. Implement policies with fairness and consistency.
10. Value technology and be able to advocate its use.
11. Critical thinking, including a strong sense of logic and its application.
12. Values the strengths of teamwork including the wisdom and advice of others.
13. The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
14. Be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
1. Ensures the integrity and security of all data maintained by the Records Office.
2. Directs and oversees college registration activities and chairs the Registration Committee.
3. Coordinates and reviews all grades (mid-term and final each term).
4. Compiles information for course schedules.
5. Issues the academic bulletin.
6. Monitors the transcribing and evaluation of academic records and the preparation of transcripts by Records staff.
7. Oversees and assists with the degree audit process in coordination with Records staff.
8. Oversees the processing of degrees in coordination with Records staff.
9. Handles the processing of exceptions and academic petitions.
10. Interprets and implements college, state, and federal policies as they relate to student records.
11. Prepares statistical data for various campus entities.
12. Works closely with Information Systems to develop and update academic reports and other processes as necessary.
13. Provides guidance and training to ensure compliance with FERPA.
14. Evaluates and recommends changes for academic policies and procedures to the VPAA.
15. Serves as secretary of the Probation and Suspension Committee and provides student reports.
16. Participates as a member of Academic Council and Faculty Senate.
17. Prepares and submits enrollment data for federal aid purposes.
18. Works closely with the Physician Assistant Program and Nursing Division in enrolling student into the programs.
19. Develops and administers the departmental budget.
20. Provides leadership and develops appropriate recommendations for the implementation of technology applications to support enhanced services offered through the Records Office.
21. Keep current with national trends and best practices in the profession.
22. Provides backup for Associate Registrar and Assistant Registrar in their absence.
23. Supervises and/or coordinates student employees and ensures tasks are assigned as needed.
Contact:Dr. Frankie Rose3800 S 48th St., Lincoln, NE email@example.com