Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: The Curriculum Development Specialist (CDS) oversees the design and development of online learning initiatives at Southern Adventist University. The CDS collaborates with content experts to create new online courses, both synchronous and self-paced, as well as microcredentials. The Curriculum Development Specialist manages Southern’s online coaches who assist content experts in development of online programming and ensures that existing courses are revised on a schedule that maintains quality in all online courses and programs. The Curriculum Development Specialist evaluates online teaching and assists in training of professors and online coaches in best practices of online pedagogy.
Experience: Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs the development of online courses adhering to sound online pedagogy, design consistency, and
appropriate use of online technologies.
• Advances the implementation of best practices for distance education and classroom technology
• Collaborates with deans and department chairs on course development for existing and new online
courses and programs.
• Coordinates production of course materials and suggest improvements to faculty to maintain the
academic integrity of online courses and programs.
• Ensures that national accreditation policies or procedures are being followed in regard to all aspects of
online learning, including but not limited to: exam security, student access, student services, (advisement,
library, etc.) financial aid availability, etc.
• Works with SOC Director to plan, conduct, and coordinate training for faculty in developing an
understanding of technology-rich instructional approaches and best practices for distance education.
• Directs the work of online coaches who assist in building online courses.
• Recommends changes, as needed, to online professors and coaches.
• Judges the effectiveness of strategies and initiatives.
Special Requirements: An expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, a SDA church member in good and regular standing.
Education and Experience: Master’s degree in related field required. Doctorate preferred. Experienced teacher. Previous experience managing technology teams and facilitating and coordinating technology integration and training in a higher education system. Experience in developing and managing distance education programs. Effective communication and strong organizational skills.
Qualifications: Excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to communicate effectively.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computer and telephone. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Working Conditions: Essential tasks are performed under normal office/school conditions with little or no noticeable discomfort. Work area is well lighted and ventilated.
Contact:Allison MaitlandP.O. Box 370
Collegedale, TN firstname.lastname@example.org