Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: POSITION SUMMARY
Provides strategic direction and support for the Facilities Services department. Plans, directs and coordinates activities relating to the maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant including, building, grounds and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Applies a quality- and customer-oriented approach to leading the Facilities Services Department, implementing metrics to assess and improve operations and services.
* Provides managerial information by preparing regular activity and financial reports to the Executive Vice President for Finance or other officials.
* Coordinates with campus department heads, officials and employees to obtain information that can inform departmental strategic planning.
* Establishes and implements a building assessment and deferred maintenance program.
* Prepares department budget, analyzes, and monitors expenditure of funds.
* Recommends to Executive Vice President for Finance capital expenditures, service contracts, and training for the ongoing efficient operation of all systems.
* Attends and participates in all required committee meetings.
Establishes and obtains bids for all capital projects.
* Maintains utility consumption and expense files.
* Maintains inventory control for all general supplies parts and equipment.
* Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
* Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal building codes and guidelines, MSDS, OSHA, EPA regulations, fire codes and other relevant rules and regulations.
* Initiates, maintains and supervises all safety precautions and programs for departmental employees.
* Negotiate cost and scope of work of contractors and vendors and ensures contractors and vendors maintain current appropriate insurance and licenses.
* Conducts regular inspections of all Life Safety Systems including fire extinguishers, sprinkler and alarm systems.
* Actively participates in safety inspections, training, hazard abatement compliance, etc. to ensure a safe environment for students, faculty, staff and guests.
* Schedules and conducts training sessions and department meetings to ensure department staff are well-trained.
* Escalates any issues or concerns regarding maintenance, safety or other related areas to the appropriate official.
* Supports and affirms a culture of distinctive excellence and exceptional service.
* Attends University events and required meetings (including weekly Convocation).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages Director of Facilities Services. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
* Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
* Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
APPLY HERE: https://wau.catsone.com/careers/9207-General/jobs/11537624-Executive-Director-of-Plant-Operations?portal=
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate field with major course-work in areas related to assignment; engineering architecture, administration or a related building construction field.
* At least 10 years of experience in plant operations in a similar-sized institution.
* Experience working on a college or university campus preferred.
* Extensive trade background required and cross trade experience preferred.
* Experience with reading and understanding facilities plans and specifications.
* Knowledge and understanding of applicable laws, ordinances and codes related to the operation and safety of facilities
* Experience implementing and managing preventative maintenance programs.
* Experience developing short (3 - 5 years) and long-term (strategic) plans.
* Proven leadership abilities in effective personnel management
Excellent communication, customer service, and technological skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Ability to plan, schedule, supervise, and coordinate the work of others; handle public relations; to assist in estimating, planning, and allocating budget funds; to prepare and approve a variety of regular and special reports; to deal effectively with professionals and other employees in a pleasant and effective manner.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the preparation and oversight of department and project budgets.
* Demonstrated service and results orientation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Contact:Human Resources7600 Flower Avenue
Takoma Park, MD email@example.com