Use search, ordering, and category filters to narrow job listings below.
View a listing's details for experience, requirements, and contact
Description: The Associate Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence and Biblical Foundations of Faith and Learning is tasked with supporting the Director in upholding the mission, vision, concepts, and goals of the Center; fostering the overall professional development of faculty members across the University; serving as a leader in the identification and/or development of research-based biblical foundation courses using an Adventist Biblical Christian worldview as well as the latest university-level research; developing policies and procedures for supporting new faculty during New Professor Orientation and with the New Faculty Mentoring program; encouraging the implementation of best practices for traditional, online, and blended education; coordinating on-campus professional development for faculty; and representing Southern Adventist University by presenting and sharing resources with the Adventist educational community at large.
Typical Duties and Responsibility:
• Focusing on the intentional incorporation of Biblical Foundations of Faith and Learning with an Adventist Biblical Christian worldview within the courses taught by all professors.
• Collaborating among university personnel: McKee Library, Southern Online Campus, and Information Systems to support Faculty Development in all areas.
• Assist with planning, facilitating, and evaluating: Faculty Showcases, Teach³, New Professor Orientation, Summer Institutes, and presentations as requested by various university Schools and Departments.
• Assist with the implementation of a New Faculty Mentoring Program, including training and supporting Faculty Mentors selected to mentor new faculty.
• Assist faculty from individual content disciplines with providing confidential coaching consultations regarding the teaching process and the incorporation of learning experiences from a Biblical Foundation and Adventist Biblical Christian worldview.
• Perform all other reasonable university-related functions as assigned by the Director to support the mission of the Center for Teaching Excellence and Biblical Foundations of Faith and Learning.
• Assist faculty in choosing instructional technology appropriate to their courses for quality face-to-face, online, and hybrid courses.
• An expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and an active SDA church member in regular standing.
• The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
• Have well developed computer skills.
• Have web design skills/experience.
• Be a self-starter and be able to work without supervision.
• Must possess good organizational skills.
• Display exemplary professional behavior, as evidence of punctuality, dress, decorum and confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
1. PhD required with experience as a university professor; established reputation for teaching excellence.
2. Previous leadership experience.
3. Professional development coordination experience.
4. Broad knowledge and understanding of the complex issues involved in designing or redesigning university
courses based on research-based best practices.
5. Deep understanding and commitment to designing courses around concepts correlated with a Biblical
Foundation and Adventist Biblical Christian worldview.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching.
• May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax
machines, calculators, and telephone.
• Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
• Essential tasks are performed under normal office/university conditions with little or no noticeable
• Work area is well lighted and ventilated.
Contact:Cynthia Gettys, PhDMailing- P.O. Box 370
Physical- 4881 Taylor Circle
Collegedale, TN 37315-0370